· Hamilton – (Thomas Kail). Hip-hop opera of Alexander Hamilton.
· One Night in Miami (Regina King). Historical meeting about racial issues in the l960’s.
· Trial of the Chicago 7 – (Alan Sorkin). Docu-drama about protestors in 1969.
· The Life Ahead – Italy (Edoardo Ponti). An aging woman shelters a boy from Senegal.
· Promising Young Woman – (Emerald Fennell). A woman makes her mark on men.
· The Father - UK (Florian Zeller). The toll of aging on a patriarch and his family.
· Never Rarely Sometimes Always – UK (Elizabeth Hittman). A teenager’s abortion experience.
· The Painter and the Thief – Norway (Ree Benjamin). A drama stranger than fiction.
· The Octopus Teacher – South Africa (Pippa Ehrlich, James Reed). The impact of an octopus on the filmmaker.
· Coded Bias – (Shalini Kantayya). Inherent bias in AI technology.